The Deployment Group - The Deployment team is a professional level Search & Rescue team that is trained to the highest standards. Volunteering for the deployment team is by application. Those applying must be actively working on the prerequisites, pass a fitness test and go through an evaluation process. Once accepted, the new volunteer will enter training and make themselves available for call outs.
There are other positions available other than just K9 handlers! In order to run a large team we also need volunteers for the following positions-
- Base Camp Operators
- Communications Specialist
- Land Navigation Specialist
- Air Operations Specialist
- Boat Drivers
- Scuba Divers
- Medical EMT Techs
- Vet Techs
Want to Join?
To get started;
- Fill out the form below and we will email you a copy of the PRSAR Volunteer Application forms.
- Login onto the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Criminal History Information website and run a background check on yourself. (The fee as dictated by State Law is $25.00)
- Provide the non refundable administrative fee of $100.00 (Make checks payable to PRSAR)
- Mail the Volunteer Application Forms, All Signed waivers, FDLE Criminal History Report, and non refundable payment of $100.00 to; Peace River K9 Search and Rescue Association, Inc., 9326 Prospect Ave, Englewood, FL 34224
All new volunteer applications will be reviewed by the PRSAR Board of Directors and if accepted the new volunteer will be on a probational status for the first 6 months of service to PRSAR.
PRSAR does not allow dual membership in another search & rescue, or, search & recovery organization.
If you have any questions or concerns please first take a look at our FAQ page then let us know in the form below!
We encourage all those interested in joining PRSAR to email us and set up a call to discuss the time and training requirements before making application. Should you like to schedule a visit to one of our training sessions, please don’t hesitate to email us or fill out the form below.