Membership - We are currently NOT taking new applications until after July 31st 2018!
The Deployment Group - The Deployment team is a professional level Search & Rescue team that is trained to the highest standards. Membership for the deployment team is by application. Those applying must be actively working on the prerequisites, pass a fitness test and go through an evaluation process. Once accepted, the new member will enter training and make themselves available for call outs.
There are other positions available other than just K9 handlers! In order to run a large team we also need volunteers for the following positions-
- Base Camp Operators
- Communications Specialist
- Land Navigation Specialist
- Air Operations Specialist
- Boat Drivers
- SAR Scuba Divers
- Medical EMT Techs
- Vet Techs
Want to Join?
To get started;
- Fill out the form below and we will email you a copy of the PRSAR Membership Application forms.
- Login onto the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Criminal History Information website and run a background check on yourself. (The fee as dictated by State Law is $24.00)
- Provide membership payment of $100.00 (Make checks payable to PRSAR)
- Mail Membership Application Forms, All Waivers signed and Notarized, FDLE Criminal History Report, and payment of $100.00 to; Peace River K9 Search and Rescue Association, Inc., 9326 Prospect Ave, Englewood, FL 34224
If you have any questions or concerns please first take a look at our FAQ page then let us know in the form below!
We encourage all those interested in joining PRSAR to email us and set up a call to discuss the time and training requirements before making application for membership. Should you like to schedule a visit to one of our training sessions, please don’t hesitate to email us or fill out the form below.